Tuesday, November 21, 2006

In the beginning


After a 6 year hiatus, in spring of 2006 I decided to fire my old 92 gallon bowfront corner tank. I foolishly convinced myself that I had everything I needed to get my system back up. So, I jumped in and soon realized that a lot had changed in reefkeeping. So after quite a few start up mistakes, I decided to go for it.

After some research and a large sum of $, I was off and running. I quickly decided to that I didn't like the layout of a corner tank and decided to upgrade. I purchased a 180 AGA Reef-ready tank with the intent to set it up over the course of a few months.

That failed miserably. After an auto top-off disaster, I decided to upgrade sooner than planned. Although I am starting this blog in the middle, I will try to cover the development of this system from the beginning.

No comments: